Automatic Online Backup
5 Reasons to use Automatic Online Backups rather than Manual Backup Devices
Popular manual backup devices that people might use include USB drives, Tapes and external hard drives.
The correct way to ‘manually back up’ is to:
- Purchase your backup device
- Attach it to your computer
- Select the files you wish to save
- Check the information has been saved and Encrypt it
- Remove the media and store somewhere safe, preferably offsite and away from harm
Repeat with a new media device each day and ideally keeping 5 or more separate copies on separate hardware (so you have a week’s worth to fall back on when needed).
- Who will do this each day?
- What happens when the person responsible is sick or on holiday?
- Tapes & disks deteriorate and USB devices are easily damaged – are you 100% certain your data will be available when you need it?
- What happens if your storage requirements increase – do you have enough free space available?
- What happens if you lose a tape or disk en-route to storing it somewhere safe? Are your files encrypted or can anyone see them?
BIG Question: How much easier would it be to spend just 15 minutes setting up an automatic data backup software service that did all of this for you 365 days a year 24/7?
Automatic online backup solutions are easy to set up and take just minutes to do so. Once in place your computer files are strongly encrypted for you and saved securely off-site where they are available for instant restore.
Most importantly once the automatic online backup software is set up, it leaves your time free to get on with other things and not have to worry about backing up.
Also, you can quickly restore your files to any computer, without having to hunt around for the backup media. Just click a few buttons and log into your account and start retrieving the files you need.
In addition the automatic data backup software will store historic versions of your files, allowing you to go back days, weeks or even months if you need to recover a lost or corrupted file.
The automatic data backup software can backup files on laptops, desktops, networked machines and servers, including SQL and do Exchange Server backup in the UK.
Also, remote online data backup companies in the UK will often be compliant with regulatory requirements so is another useful reason to use such services.
'Your service is excellent, and the program is very easy to use'
- D ClemmentsView more testimonials